Omar

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tainted Bias!

The I.F.A. have been out to get us for a long time. No, I am not being paranoid here, I merely quote from the facts. Now at last thanks to some misguided bigot, aided and abetted by 'punch drunk' officials, they appear to have got their way.

The first instance of bias in recent times (there was the well documented 'paying of Amateurs' vendetta of yesteryear), came when United fans quite rightly taunted former Omagh Town boss Roy McCreadie about the disappearance of the gate receipts from the 'Omagh Fund' match with Manchester United, by calling him a 'thieving Love child'. He of course tried to say we were using a sectarian word that sounds similar to thieving ( F-n--n), or at least it did to his biased ears. His protests were on that occasion found to be without merit (no apology to the maligned United fans).

Then there was the incident involving the 'fat' controller, David Jeffreys, when he wrongly accused United fans of using sectarian language to his players (funnily enough none of his players or anyone else for that matter heard the alleged comments). We were promised a full and frank apology if we were found to be innocent, which we subsequently were. Still no apology from the 'fat controller, but it's only to be expected I suppose.

Now in this latest incident we are accused of chanting racial abuse at Dungannon Swifts goalkeeper Alvin Rouse, allegedly calling him a 'Black' Love child. I myself was at that game and although I wasn't in that section of United fans accused of the racist chant, I honestly heard nothing. I did hear, as I hear every week from both sets of fans, the chant when the keeper takes a goal-kick, you 'fat' Love child. I have been assured by several individuals who were in this small section of fans that this was the only 'chant' which our fans sang on the day in relation to keeper Rouse. Is this yet another case of a misheard comment or is their as I suspect a secret vendetta being conducted against United.

For what reason it's being conducted I don't know, but I believe it is there. Maybe it's because we do everything above board, like paying our income tax on time, which then highlights the clubs who take everything to the wire or don't pay at all. Are Dungannon being used by some other club, who coincidentally play in the same colours and have 'bought' (I use this word in it's loosest term), quite a few players from them lately and who would like to deflect criticism from themselves. Their fans are the biggest purveyors of sectarian and racist comments in our league and the I.F.A. never take a 'blind' bit of notice. If we are to have no recourse but to pay this fine, then I think the 'kid gloves' will have to come off, in other words, we'll have to fight fire, with fire!