Omar

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Decisions! Decisions!

Just back from my wee winter break, which I took as we had no scheduled league game last Saturday and what do I find, United did have a game, not on the Saturday but on the Thursday. Bad enough that the entire Sky Blue Sport team missed it, but even worse, United lost and had Andy Smith sent off as well. Apparently Andy 'feinted' to head-butt an opponent, which according to the 4th official is as bad as actually carrying out the offence. I normally wouldn't argue with that but have witnessed countless players this season, actually head-butting our players and not even getting a caution. These are the decisions that turn games on their heads, if they go for you it's great, if they go against you it's anything but. Then there's that other decision eagerly awaited by the much maligned United fans, the alleged racist remarks 'chanted' at Dungannon Swifts goalkeeper, Alvin Rouse, which I know to be a load of hogwash. Hopefully this matter will be resolved in the next couple of weeks and then United fans can 'decide' if they want to attend the game at Dungannon on Christmas Tuesday (December 29). I am pondering over the dilemma of whether to buy shares in United to help tide them over their current sticky patch. This decision (being considered by scores of United fans), will have far reaching consequences as it's vital for the club to raise enough funds in order to see them through this season. Then there's the decision of 'will I or won't I' make the trip to the home of the 'scum' on Boxing day (I'm joking of course, that's already set in stone). Maybe we'll get the right decision that day, all three points, now couldn't I just live with that!