Omar

Friday, October 04, 2013

(S)Pain Game!

Greetings from sunny Spain, where the temperature is 28 degrees in the shade, that is if you can find any shade. It´s warm during the day and at night there´s not an air, but I gather that in Norn Iron the weather is not so balmy. But enough about me and my Autumn holiday and on to more important things. Will Shakespeare has Richard the third crying ´my kingdom for a horse´, like many a writer before him or since, old Willy didn´t let the truth interfere with a good story and what may you ask has that got do with United and their troubles. Well I´ll answer that, I imagine United manager Glenn Ferguson would be crying, ´half my wages for a player who takes chances, any player´, such was the chances frittered away by United players in their last two games.

Last Saturday, Warrenpoint Town, were there for the taking, we should have been leading at least 3-0 at halftime, but we let them out of jail and paid the ultimate penalty, when they showed us how to take chances and punish us for a silly mistake. Our manager Spike continues to play Cush and it is patently obvious that David is just not fit. When he´s hurt in a tackle, he goes down clutching his knee and I´m always thinking ´is this the end of Cush´and it would be a huge disappointment for us, for we´ll need him for difficult games coming up in a couple of weeks. Fergie has got the 4,3,3 system ingrained in his mind and he's not going to change for anything, but we need him to be a bit more flexible.

We are heartbroken to be missing United´s trip to Ballinmallard tomorrow night, but twitter will keep us updated and we´ll not missing anything here, Bruce Balmer says the stripper is on after 10 o´clock your time, how he knows is beyond me. Will Spike make wholesale changes? The simple answer is, I don´t really know, but its not his form to make wholesale changes. He´ll probably start with another striker, either MM or Mario, although in my opinion Liggie is the best, but he continues to struggle to find his form. Marky had a bad game last Saturday and though he wasn't singularly responsible for defeat, he put us in difficulties on a few occasions, that we could have done rightly without. I know its not going to be easy at the Duck Pond, but we can do it, COSB