Omar

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Half Mad!

When I first heard that our cup semi-final was fixed for 17-30hrs this Saturday, the first thought that came to my head was, are they bloody mad. Of course as it's the I.F.A. the question is rhetorical, of course they're bloody mad, otherwise they wouldn't be in the job in the first place. Football is meant to be played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, it's the traditional time and it gives people the rest of the night to get sozzled if they so wish.

The news that the game will be played to a finish as a result of the fixture cock-up which should be laid firmly at the door of the I.F.A., there's a distinct possibility that fans won't be home until late Saturday night. If the clubs were being compensated for this upheaval at least it might be worthwhile, but the rumoured paltry fee of £1,000, is nowhere near enough. And who will be watching this game on television as it clashes with the Chelsea/Aston Villa match live on I.T.V., more clever planning by the I.F.A.

I can see no winners from this ill-fated exercise, the 'gate' will suffer as a result of the late kick-off, while some fringe fans will decide to watch it either in the comfort of their own home, or in licensed premises nearby. Yet another own goal scored by our association, just when you think the chaos can't get any worse, we're proved wrong once again. Not since the pre-floodlight days have I attended a match at this time of night. I didn't like it then and I positively hate it now!