Omar

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Said So!

I apologise for being one of those annoying people who says, 'I told you so'. But try as I might I find myself secretly 'gloating' and so I've said it. Just three short weeks ago I wrote in my weekly 'letting off of steam', about the utter farce of the punishment meted out to Linfield and Glentoran over the Boxing Day riot. On that occasion I wrote: (The I.F.A. is trying once more to pull the 'wool over our eyes', by ludicrously suggesting that Linfield and Glentoran will not be allowed to play each other on a Public holiday again. They've also been fined the ridiculously low sum of £1,000 each, in other words chicken feed to either of these two clubs. The two clubs are of course going to appeal against these terrible sanctions and we all know what the outcome will be. The fine will be reduced to £500 each and the football ban will be lifted. This is after all just a 'paper' exercise, the I.F.A. (who are to all intents and purposes Linfield anyway), are just trying to look like the mighty overlords that they should be). The playing ban was rescinded today but the fine remains, but at the end of the day Linfield will merely be paying themselves anyway and it 'was' Glens fans who caused the fracas anyway so maybe for that reason the fine stays in place. The mindless minority have won once more, they have been 'slapped on the wrist' and told not to do it again. This fine or threat of further sanctions will have no effect on the 'morons' who follow the 'big two', violence is second nature to them. 90% of those causing the rioting were caught on camera and could've been dealt with by the courts and by their respective clubs, but at the end of the day they're not stupid enough to 'bite the hands that feed them'. So now we just bury our heads in 'the sand' until the next time and believe you me, there will be a next time!