Omar

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Gloom Doom!

A short time ago we were 'reeling' from the accusations of payments to amateurs, now we are awaiting the result of the 'scuffles' at the end of the Distillery match, where, oh where, is it all going to end? As if things weren't bad enough, our 'dear friends' from the bannside have qualified for the Irish cup final and that really sticks in my craw. I had personaaly hoped the I.F.A. would make a quick decision on the Distillery fracas (hereafter known as the 'fracas'), so as we can get on with our 'petty existence' (or should that be existences, no doubt some of the grammar school boys will correct me if I'm wrong). As for the outcome of the cup semi/final, Rory Hamill and to a lesser extent, Kieran Donaghy, shafted us once again, so what else is new? That of course was a rhetorical question (for any members of the United forum who may have accidentally strayed onto our site, just ignore this statement, as it is way! way! above your intelligence). I just read on Teletext that Stuarty King has been placed on the transfer list by United manager Tommy Wright. Has the penny just dropped for Tommy I wonder! On a personal note I knew 3 months after Stuarty came to us that he was as much use as a 'chocolate fireguard'. When we played Distillery in the re-arranged game in December 2007, we used David Cushley wide on the left and he was electric and what does our manager do, he goes back to using Stuarty King. Stuarty, could and should have scored a hat-trick at Newry in the first round of the cup, methinks if Cushley had been on, things would have been a whole lot different. But it's no use crying over spilt milk, is it? We have just got to dust ourselves down and get on with it and as the old song goes, 'we'll be up (I hope), like a rosedud, high on a tree, hey buddy think it over and take a tip from me, whenever you're down and out, the only way is up'!