Omar

Friday, October 05, 2007

Bigger Blunders!

I do not believe it, I'm sure you've all heard that saying many times, but I must emphasis, 'I do not believe it'. What do I not believe? I do not believe that the I.F.A. have appointed the biggest 'bigot' in local football, David Jeffrey, as the boss of the under-23 squad. This is the man who has accused, nay falsely accused, United fans of sectarian abuse and must substantiate his claim or apoligise unreservedly. I am beginning to think that the United fan's chant which goes, 'Linfield are the I.F. A.' is closer to the truth than even I thought possible. Is David Jeffrey the best man for the job, will he not in fact pick mainly players from the 'big two' to supplement the cross channel players at his disposal, or as recently proved, players he has in mind to sign. Would it not in fact be more prudent to pick someone like Paul Kirk who one hopes would be a more discerning manager, or someone with their base in England or Scotland, where let's face it the bulk of our International players are going to come from. Then again maybe the I.F.A. have made an agreement with Ryan Air that the 'fat controller' will be flying to England on fact finding missions on a regular basis. Do budget airlines realise that he is too fat to fit in a conventional seat? I very much doubt it, even if his body could get in, his head is too big, much too big! Enough about the fat controller, I was also interested in the comments of the Cliftonville manager Eddie Patterson about the Glens being allowed to kick the ball away at free kicks, by referee Brian Turkington who took no action. This also was the case last Saturday when the Glens constantly kicked the ball away after United were awarded free kicks and encroached also on quite a few occasions. The referee on this occasion, was, surprise! surprise!, Brian Turkington! Does this official travel with the Glens (I've always suspected that this was the case), or am I being paranoid here. I made a comment on Wednesday night that David Best was a Linfield fan only for Sammy Patterson to say, 'what you really mean is he works for Linfield', after much thought the 'penny' finally dropped, 'Linfield are the I.F. A.,' now I'm starting to believe it myself!